Re: Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo Meeting (2020-04-13)

On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 11:58 AM Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So Fedora is now officially an alpha version of RHEL. :-(

Kevin, your comments like this are not helpful, and not in keeping with our mantra of being excellent to each other.

As you're well aware, there's a cooperative relationship between Fedora and RHEL.  Fedora serves as the upstream for RHEL, but that doesn't translate into it being the alpha version of RHEL.  This ELN effort, from what I've read about it (I haven't been a Red Hat insider for a long time, so I don't have any non-public details about it) is aimed at making it easier for RHEL to take advantage of the work done in Fedora, and even be more open about the development.  I don't see how either of those are bad things, as long as they don't pose a burden on Fedora developers.  From the discussions on this mailing list, it looks like the team running the initiative has taken great pains to clarify that they don't want to put any undue burden on Fedora developers.

So, whether your agree with the decision that FESCo made or not, please don't leave sniping comments like this -- they're not constructive.

--
Jared Smith