Re: Urgently downgrade xorg-x11-drv-intel

On Fri, 2020-04-10 at 12:42 -0400, Alexei Podtelezhnikov wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 11:14 AM Olivier Fourdan <ofourdan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > Yes, please!
> >
> > Oops, looks like I've been presumptuous on that one, I don't have the rights.
>
> xorg-x11-drv-intel has very extensive set of BuildRequires, which
> seems rather large for a driver. I presume koji satisfies those and
> your test builds do indeed match the official ones.

There *is* a difference between most mock builds and koji builds, FWIW.
They do not use exactly the same buildroot, especially not for Branched
and Rawhide. The buildroot in Koji is re-generated with all packages
tagged 'stable' quite often, and includes buildroot overrides. mock
builds, if you just use the 'normal' targets like fedora-32-x86_64 or
fedora-rawhide-x86_64, use the current official stable repo contents as
the buildroot. This is usually somewhat "behind" the buildroot koji
uses, because it's only updated from successful daily composes, and
doesn't include buildroot overrides.

The mock target with -koji on the end - like fedora-32-x86_64-koji -
have the koji buildroot repo added alongside the 'fedora' repo, so if
you use those targets, the builds should more closely match koji
builds.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey