Re: Fedora 33 System-Wide Change proposal: Introduce module Obsoletes and EOL

Dne 06. 04. 20 v 18:28 James Cassell napsal(a):
> My understanding of current policy is that it would not be permitted to have such a module in current fedora.

"is permitted in Fedora" vs. "is technically possible" are two different things.
Technical specification should think about layered application and 3rd party modules as well.

In RPM spec file you can do a lot of things which are not permitted in Fedora and yet they are quite often used by
people building stuff on top of Fedora (or RHEL/SUSE/Magea).

The technical specification should not enforce our view of world. It may recommend it, but not enforce it.

In my POV the "eol_date" should be in modularity specification. The DNF should handle it. And the question whether this
pragma can be allowed in Fedora is totally different question.

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA
Red Hat, Associate Manager ABRT/Copr, #brno, #fedora-buildsys