Re: v4l2loopback kernel module in Fedora?

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 6:06 AM Iñaki Ucar <iucar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Apr 2020 at 05:58, Christopher <ctubbsii@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > If I get the motivation, I'll file a bug against the RPMFusion package.
>
> Here's the bug tracker: https://bugzilla.rpmfusion.org/

Thanks.

> > As for the original issue regarding packaging: there is a ticket being
> > tracked to get it upstream into the kernel:
> > https://github.com/umlaeute/v4l2loopback/issues/268
>
> Yeap, I saw this, and that's why I said that upstream doesn't seem to
> be willing to push this forward, because the maintainer's message is
> basically "I'm totally open, but I'm not going to move a finger
> besides merging PRs".

My interpretation of their message was more "I tried a little, but
don't know where to go from here". They might just need help... but I
don't really know. :)

One more thing: can anybody point me to good docs on how to
automatically sign DKMS on build/install in Fedora? I tried editing
/etc/dkms/framework.conf to add SIGN_TOOL and also POST_INST, but
nothing seemed to work. I can't even get my script to run. I can sign
it manually after I `dkms install` but that's kind of annoying to do
after every dnf update that updates the kernel. All the docs out there
seem to be written for Ubuntu, and the instructions don't seem to work
on Fedora. If I can't get good docs, I'm going to have to start
ripping apart /usr/sbin/dkms and filling it with print debug
statements. :)