Re: CPE Git Forge Decision

On Mon, Apr 6, 2020 at 3:49 PM Randy Barlow <bowlofeggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 4/6/20 10:36 AM, Leigh Griffin wrote:
> Answering 100+ replies individually is engaging with the community.
> Happy to stop that if people aren't seeing the benefit of it though.

Writing 100 e-mails isn't automatically "engagement".

It's a form of engagement among others that we are partaking in day in day out, week in week out.

I could reply to what you wrote above with "If I had a world of my own,
everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because
everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it
wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?"

But if I did that, it would be disingenuous to claim that I engaged with
you.

Your posts are not engaging with the community, but are instead an
avoidance strategy.

I have answered every question directly, if I missed one in the multiple threads and someone wants it answered, feel free to forward it onto me directly and I can answer it.

You aren't meaningfully answering what people are
saying.

I'm answering to the best of my ability in a truthful and honest way, I can't help how the responses are being received or interpreted. People are forming their own opinions and I'm still happy to engage and try and answer their concerns or thoughts.

You are putting your fingers in your ears and stating things
that are clearly untrue, like it being unique to be in a position where
stakeholders are not aligned.

Everything is untrue when paraphrased to suit a narrative. For sure stakeholder misalignment is part and parcel of Engineering life, CPEs stakeholder needs, our particular remit and how all of these things interact are industry unique in my experience and the kind of alignment needed might never be there that One would expect and hope for in a more traditional Engineering setting. I'm happy to debate that in a separate thread but I feel going into how the team is structured and how that relationship works is a distraction that this thread does not need. Feel free to reach out directly though Randy if you have specific concerns I am happy to help where I can.

Leigh Griffin

Engineering Manager

Red Hat Waterford

Communications House