Re: CPE Git Forge Decision

On Mon, Apr 6, 2020 at 8:42 AM Stasiek Michalski <stasiek@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > On Mon, Apr 6, 2020 at 8:26 AM Stasiek Michalski <stasiek(a)michalski.cc&gt; wrote:
> >
> > Why is it disappointing?  The Pagure project isn't suddenly being
> > removed from the internet.  Is there a reason you can't contribute to
> > it to add the features you need?
>
> I can add features, sure, and I do, but I am also not able or willing to
> maintain everything else that goes with Pagure. My disappointment is
> much more of a manifestation of a fear that if CPE ends up going with
> Gitlab, there will be nobody else interested enough to maintain it,
> since Fedora will no longer have any interest in it.

For what it's worth, I'll be around. And I'm hopeful that Pierre-Yves
will stick around to help the rest of the Pagure community support
itself and grow. But it is a bit of a blow if Fedora stops using it.
One of the more "pie-in-the-sky" ideas I had was to make it so that
all the major RPM distributions would have federated their Git servers
using Pagure to make it so that fixes across RPM distro families would
be easy to move around in a trackable way, which would help make it
easier for the best from each distribution to make it to all of them.

This is what I've been working toward in Mageia and OpenMandriva. And
I am still hoping openSUSE would join in on that.