Re: Replace buildroot overrides with user side tags?

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 8:46 AM Miro Hrončok <mhroncok@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Just to simply things I would be in favor of using side tags across the board
> and dropping buildroot overrides but there's probably some situations I'm not
> thinking of.

For an update that can potentially break other packages building, I submit a
buildroot override before pushing it to stable to see how the Koschei builds are
affected. That could be solved on Koschei level by including updates-testing by
default somehow.

Ok, yeah, it's not practical (or necessary) to rebuild all dependent packages in cases like that. I've only done the typical major library update and rebuild all dependencies. The biggest one of which has 10 packages needing rebuilding.

Thanks,
Richard