Re: Fedora 33 System-Wide Change Proposal: ELN Buildroot and Compose V3

Dne 02. 04. 20 v 20:07 Stephen Gallagher napsal(a):
> but I *did*
> acknowledge that we are going to incorporate the possibility of
> maintaining separate specs for ELN and Rawhide for any maintainer who
> absolutely wants to do more manual work.

You see, this is precisely the point where the disconnect is. I believe
that the ELN branch is less work. Not because I as a RHEL downstream
don't want to give back to Fedora or upstream, but because I want save
Fedora and upstreams from or downstream problems (which are typically
excessive dependencies). And this is not because I packaged one package
here or there, that is because I maintain several hundreds packages in
Fedora and a bit smaller amount (still close to hundred not counting
their versions and variants) of packages in RHEL.

And this is just example from today why the conditionals are almost
always wrong:

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/rubygem-scruffy/c/ecdb3b762fef08eae8055d30dc9dfc2255e3c275

What is wrong with this change? The only minor nit that the if branch is
completely useless for ages. I don't remember anymore, why I thought the
conditional should be there. May be I wanted to keep backward
compatibility for some reason, but it appears to be wrong in any case.
But the point is that if the condition was not there, it would save
Björn from doing busy work (sorry Björn if you read it, I know you have
fixed more then dozen packages at time, I appreciate that). And since
the condition remains there, next time somebody will read it again and
will struggle to understand what is the point while I as a original
author have no clue anymore.

Vít