Re: Fedora 33 System-Wide Change Proposal: ELN Buildroot and Compose V2

It is kind of irony, that the ELN branch idea is still rejected.
Therefore there will be PRs coming from Stephen's and Alexandra's (or
anybody else in ELN SIG) forks of packages, containing changes needed to
build some packages in ELN, which nobody is going to merge. In the
meantime, the ELN builds will keep failing.

I wonder why there can't be PR's coming from ELN branch. That would

1) Allow the ELN builds to pass.

2) Audit the work to do.

3) Give it some structure and therefore discoverability.

Just to be clear, I don't plan to accept any PR adding any "if rhel" and
similar into package I currently maintain in Fedora, sorry. Being
maintainer in Fedora and RHEL, I could have done it any time and I did
not. In every package I adopted/inherited during the years, I have
removed such conditionals, because they are PITA. While the proposal
helps with the maintenance of such conditionals, it would still harm
freedom of Fedora to innovate. I understand what is the cost and it is
not worth of it.

Vít

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx