Re: Slow boot on F32 Workstation

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 5:03 AM Andreas Tunek <andreas.tunek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I did a new install without LVM. Booting is still slow but everything works correctly (I did not get bug 1815787). So there is some problem with my hardware. For which component do you think I should create a bug?

No idea. It requires diagnosis. I start with a complete journal for
one boot (-b option) and monotonic times, as described. Sometimes it's
necessary to add boot parameter rd.debug to debug dracut/initramfs
assembly time stuff to see if there are loops, and what it's waiting
for that it keeps looping. Sometimes use parameter
systemd.log_level=debug if I think it's a systemd logic problem, or
some unit dragging in another that it should't. I usually don't use
both at the same time because they slow down boot quite a lot. Another
one is rd.udev.debug to look at udev specific issues with device
discovery (or non-discovery).

I think this is on-topic for devel@ but you might get more help with
technique and what else to try or how to interpret the logs, on test@
list, or on #fedora-qa. It's tedious but there really is no other way
to figure it out. That you have a clean install with no LVM, and yet
there is a huge hit to LVM related service units is really suspicious
that there's something stale somewhere causing those to trigger and
look for something.

--
Chris Murphy