Re: Slow boot on F32 Workstation

On Sat, Mar 21, 2020 at 6:46 AM Andreas Tunek <andreas.tunek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I sidegraded my rawhide install to F32 a couple of weeks ago and from the start I noticed that booting F32 was really slow. I assumed this was some kind of bug or some devel stuff and would get solved.
>
> However, I still have the problem and I wonder if this a problem unique to my hardware or a general bug when you move from rawhide to a version. If it is a bug, does anyone know if there is a "slow boot on F32" bug somewhere?
>
> Here is my "systemd-analyse blame" output:
>
>   2min 266ms systemd-udev-settle.service
> 1min 10.312s lvm2-monitor.service
>  1min 6.118s lvm2-pvscan@8:3.service
>      30.125s NetworkManager-wait-online.service

These are excessive values. systemd-udev-settle is deprecated for a
couple of years and nothing should be using it by now.

You should check /etc/fstab for stale LVM LV's or fs UUIDs that no
longer exist on this system. The delays are consistent with something
missing. You can also get more information looking at;
# journalctl -b -o short-monotonic

And checking for large gaps in time, what was recently started right
before that gap, or right after it if there are any timeouts. But as
it is, there's not enough information to know for sure what's going on
other than, yes in fact it's taking an excessive amount of time to
start up. And I think it is a local problem because I'm not seeing it
on three systems with clean installs, and dozens of VM's, so at the
least it's not a consistent problem.

--
Chris Murphy