Re: Slow boot on F32 Workstation

On 3/21/20 7:25 PM, Tony Nelson wrote:
On 20-03-21 08:45:09, Andreas Tunek wrote:
I sidegraded my rawhide install to F32 a couple of weeks ago and from the
start I noticed that booting F32 was really slow. I assumed this was some
kind of bug or some devel stuff and would get solved.

However, I still have the problem and I wonder if this a problem unique to my hardware or a general bug when you move from rawhide to a version. If it is a bug, does anyone know if there is a "slow boot on F32" bug somewhere?

Here is my "systemd-analyse blame" output:

I think your system is using the graphical boot.  Try the text boot, by
removing "rhgb" and "quiet" from the kernel command line during boot
(you may need to set a non-zero grub timeout once booted and try again).
I expect you will see some "a start job is running" text animations.
The longest one is probably your problem.

You just need to press the ESC key to see those, no need to edit the grub entry.