Re: putting my blog back on Planet Fedora

On 20/03/2020 09:16, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 05:34:58PM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
>> On Sat, Mar 07, 2020 at 11:33:04PM +0100, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>>> It is very, very wrong and I don't feel I should have to make a public
>>> request like this.  Nonetheless, there is a certain type of person who
>>
>> Daniel, to request re-instatement, please follow the process outlined
>> in the original code-of-conduct suspension notice you received. A
>> public post is not necessary.
>
> Hi Matthew,
>
> please make the original reason for suspension public.
>
> At this point, the whole discussion is going in an unhealthy direction.
> Accusations are being thrown around, and having almost no response from
> Fedora representatives is leaving an unwanted void where they are very
> visible. I think the public should judge the issue for itself, but can't
> without data.

Here is the message I received from Brian Exelbierd:

"Recently you have been sending a series of blog entries to the Fedora
Planet site about your situation with the Debian community.  We were
made aware of these posts and are dismayed to see you include personal
attacks and innuendo in your blog entries."

The most recent blog was about

a) the conflict of interest between the Debian Project Leader and the
OSI board president

b) the deliberate humiliation of volunteers by those two people

c) the fact that this was ongoing at the time my father died and that I
felt it amounted to bullying

It seems that some people view conflicts of interest as nothing more
than "innuendo" unless the couple are legally married.  For me, any
romantic attachment between two office holders is a conflict of
interest, whether they are married or not.

Discussing their ethical (mis)behavior is not a "personal attack".  They
may be entitled to keep their relationship a secret if they informed
other people and recused themselves from decisions concerning each
other.  As a member of Debian's GSoC admin team, I was never informed
that another member of our team was in a romantic relationship with
Debian's leader.  We had a number of interactions with Debian's leader
where that relationship was relevant but hidden from the team.

The issue in Pagure has the subject "From Debian" and Exelbierd's
message also mentions "We were made aware of these posts".  So it looks
like this is part of the campaign of harassment from somebody in Debian
who is stalking me and trying to undermine my participation in Fedora
and other communities.  The attack in LWN also looks like it has been
created by some incredibly venomous people who have been stalking me
ever since the FSFE Fellowship elected me as a community representative.

I sent a GDPR request to Fedora and Red Hat and they failed to provide
me with a copy of the communication that came "From Debian".  This makes
it harder to identify who does the stalking.

Regards,

Daniel