Re: CoC

On 19/03/2020 20:46, Silvia Sánchez wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just read Gnome Code of Conduct, which can be found
> here:  https://wiki.gnome.org/Foundation/CodeOfConduct ;
> Can anyone explain in which line racism is allowed?
> Also, what communism has to do with anything?  Aren't you getting a bit

I think some people confuse communism and totalitarianism

You can actually have the latter without the former.  Some people feel
the former was just a disguise to sugar-coat the latter.

The Sam Hartman "Debian ban" blog looks suspiciously like an enforced
holiday in Siberia.  His evidence looks comprehensive enough to satisfy
any gulag or kangaroo court but nobody else.

Coincidentally, I was born on 9 November.  It is the day the Berlin wall
came down.  They tried to rebuild the wall in 2018 as an art project,
Dau Freedom, and it was censored[1], just like my blogs.

For those who are curious, there is also a DAU movie and people already
complain[2] that it is not code-of-conduct compliant.  But if you are
locked in coronavirus lockdown right now, maybe it will help pass the
time better than debating codes of conduct.

> too paranoid? Why communist and not fascism?  And how the decisions made
> in a software-related community can escalate to concentration camps and
> police brutality?  How on Earth do you connect these activities?
> /Can we please get back to common sense?/

I sincerely hope we can discuss the code of conduct ambiguities and
contradictions without violating the code of conduct.

But if we can't discuss it at all, then the code of conduct is having
the wrong impact, at least from the perspective of the grass roots
volunteers.

Regards,

Daniel

1.