Re: Emerging editions, Fedora 32 Beta, and bureaucracy

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 09:23:13AM -0400, Mohan Boddu wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 6:38 AM Kamil Paral <kparal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 10:11 PM Mohan Boddu <mboddu@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>
> >> Peter and I talked about it a while ago about merging IoT into regular
> >> Fedora composes. But we never got to that point. I am not sure whats
> >> their plan moving forward. My idea is to merge them together and keep
> >> their composes as it is for their testing.
> >

> > Hey Mohan!
> > If IoT folks don't reply to this particular issue in a few days, can we simply assume merging the composes is the best way forward for everyone and just do it? :) I see only benefits.
> > This all seems like a communication issue to me, nobody wants to kick the ball and move things forward, and everyone else is stalled.
> > Thanks!
>
> I don't think that's the right way to do it, we should let the
> community know (esp who are following IoT closely) about what's
> happening so that they won't be confused with two IoT related composes
> and also let them know which one to follow for what use cases.

Hi Mohan,

a FESCo ticket sounds like the way to go.
To echo what Miro said elsewhere in the thread, this will have to come
from somebody who knows the details — so either you or someone else
from the RelEng side, but preferably somebody from the IOT side. FESCo
simply doesn't have enough knowledge to judge what and when needs to
be done.

I think we'll be happy to reach out to QE and other people to coordinate
further work and then rubber-stamp the proposal. The role of FESCo in
this case is not to make any important decision, but it is to act as
place where people get notified and a written record is made.

Zbyszek