Re: Emerging editions, Fedora 32 Beta, and bureaucracy

On 18. 03. 20 0:31, Adam Williamson wrote:
The idea that IoT and/or CoreOS would be release-blocking editions (for
Fedora 30, initially, then 31, now 32...) has been - at least, this is
my experience and my memory - sort of floating around for months/years,
but aside from that one fairly rough document on the IoT doc space,
when I went looking I couldn't really find any indication that anyone
(FESCo, the Council, FPL, FPGM, anyone) had done anything formal - a
ticket, a Change, a wiki page, a mailing list mail, really anything -
that said "this is a goal and this is what we think the process of
getting there looks like". There was just no process there at all.
Maybe I missed it, I dunno. But that's the sort of thing I'm missing.
That's not something the IoT or CoreOS teams can really bootstrap, that
doesn't really work, because they're not sitting in the right place to
have an*overview*  of the whole thing from the position of "Fedora the
project", they don't have the right levers to pull and it's not their
job to do that. They can*say they want it to happen*, but if we just
leave it up to the individual teams to make it happen...somehow?...it's
not really going to work, IMHO.

I get your point better now. However I think that the teams behind those editions should start by *saing they want it to happen* and than we can have a discussion trough FESCo, Council, Program Manager, FPL about how do we make that happen. Yet again, I don't see FESCo starting the thing by saying they want to make it happen.S ure, there might be a FESCo member who cares about this and starts the discussion at FESCo level, or even somebody who cares can run for FESCo (looking at you), but otherwise I don't really see FESCo initiating this. Council? Maybe. FPL? Sure. (But that's my impression about the bodies/positions, maybe it's just biased on how things happen now.)

--
Miro Hrončok