Re: How to fix a dependency to the version at build time?

Dne 17. 03. 20 v 10:55 Alexander Bokovoy napsal(a):
> On ti, 17 maalis 2020, Vít Ondruch wrote:

>>> Except that now we are going to move to sqlite... :)
>>> (See rpm 4.16 change posted today)
>>

>> Good point. I have proposed this guideline to FPC:
>>
>> https://pagure.io/packaging-committee/pull-request/954
>>

>> Also, I'll ask removal of `%requires_eq`. This seems to be used just by
>> samba, so it should not cause too much breakage.
>
> Please do not remove it. We need it critically in Samba case.

This is the PR:

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/redhat-rpm-config/pull-request/81

>> Anyway, it is strange that the autogenerated requires in samba would not
>> be enough. There are already quite a lot of them in samba-dc:
>
> It is a long story but cutting it short, libldb is tightly coupled to
> Samba upstream and should not be deviated between the build and the
> install:
>
> # Force using libldb version to be the same as build version
> # Otherwise LDB modules will not be loaded and samba-tool will fail
> # See bug 1507420
> %requires_eq libldb

You can have the macro locally, although I would suggest against.

However, it seems that libldb bumps its *.so version for every release,
it would be probably better to depend on the %{_libdir}/libldb.so.2.x.y
instead.

Vít