Fedora CI update 2020-03-11

Hi, all.

Here is the summary of CI-related work happening in Fedora.

If you have questions or topics to discuss you can also join Fedora CI
SIG bi-weekly meeting. Next session is today in #fedora-ci IRC channel
at 15:30 UTC

https://apps.fedoraproject.org/calendar/SIGs/#m9618

### Dist-git tests support multipackage updates

You can define package tests in dist-git via STR format

https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/ci/standard-test-roles/

Note that dist-git/STR tests are different from running %check tests
in the rpm building phase. STR tests are executed in a clean virtual
machine with proper setup of repositories for the latest Fedora
Rawhide packages. This environment is better suited for integration
tests, which need to test the installed package, not the sources of
it.

Dist-git tests are fully compatible with the dynamic sidetag approach:
if you create a dynamic sidetag for the multi-package update, test
environment will be created with the content of the entire sidetag,
not an individual package.

Contact: Bruno Goncalves (bgoncalv) and #fedora-ci IRC channel.

### New test: rpminspect

There is a new rpminspect test running in Fedora Rawhide gating
enabled by default for all packages in a non-blocking mode.

More details:
https://github.com/rpminspect/rpminspect

Contact: David Cantrell (dcantrell)

### Tests for pull-requests via Zuul

Zuul team has enabled Zuul CI engine to test Pagure pull requests.

You can opt-in to Zuul CI per package.

On every pull-request Zuul will
* run a scratch build
* run rpminspect on that build
* run dist-git test defined in STR format(if available)
* provide comment in the pull-request
* wait for you to put an manual approval on the PR
* merge the PR

* you can also get Zuul to handle merge events, so that it will
automatically build the regular koji build, after the merge.

Zuul now has support for EPEL8 branches.

More details:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Zuul-based-ci

Contact: Fabien Boucher (fbo)

### Koschei as a gating test

With sidetag gating feature enabled it is now possible to run Koschei
for each dynamic sidetag and make it a part of the gating process.

We do have Koschei deployed on Fedora infrastructure. There is
on-going work by Mikolaj Izdebski to get it integrated with the Fedora
Messaging, so that sidetags are submitted in Koschei when created.

Contact: Serhii Turivnyi (sturivny)

### Infra change: new Jenkins master

New Jenkins master to run generic tests and inherit Taskotron pipelines.

Our current Jenkins master, which is used for dist-git tests, was not
updated for some time and it is by design bundled to the pipeline it
runs. So adding new pipelines and separating pipelines from the
Jenkins master configuration is problematic.

The goal here is to have a Jenkins master setup which is easy to
update. It will have a set of plugins pre-installed and configured for
Fedora infrastructure endpoints, but jobs configuration will be
applied to it independently.

More details:
Current work is done on a Communishift project. Code will be available
soon at https://github.com/fedora-ci

Contact: Jim Bair (jbair)

### Infra change: common repository and common format for generic tests

We are refactoring the Groovy pipeline library so it is better suited
to run generic tests.

One of the goals is that generic tests are all run in the same way,
and you don’t need to add a lot of new Groovy code to add a certain
bash script as a generic test.

We’d like people to be able to contribute new generic tests without
prior knowledge of the Jenkins internal setup.

Current focus is rpmdeplint and rpminspect pipelines.

More details:
https://github.com/fedora-ci

Contact: Michal Srb (msrb)

### Infra change: ODCS composes

We are updating ODCS staging infrastructure to the latest ODCS
release. Once the Fedora instractructure freeze is over, we will also
update the ODCS production instance. This work is preparation for
possible further use of ODCS to generate composes used by Fedora CI as
well as main Fedora composes.

Contact: Jan Kaluza (jkaluza)

### Infra change: Testing Farm Service

Testing Farm Team is working on open-sourcing parts of the RH internal
CI infrastructure as a service, which will be used by Fedora CI's
general tests and functional tests pipeline. The main input of the
service will be test definitions in the TMT/FMF format.

TMT documentation:
https://tmt.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
(recently added testcloud + podman provisioner)

Code is hosted at GitLab:
https://gitlab.com/testing-farm/

Contact: Miroslav Vadkerti (mvadkert)

### CI and Gating documentation

There is a repository of CI documentation

https://pagure.io/fedora-ci/docs/

The docs are published at

https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/ci/

Then there is another repository with docs on Rawhide Gating:

https://pagure.io/cpe/rawhide-gating-docs/

And result is available at:

https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/rawhide-gating/

There are some rather deep or generic items there, which are not
always suitable for newcomers and are not easy to consume.

What I think we need is a smaller scale how-to’s answering specific
questions and implementing specific use-cases, which hook the CI and
gating into the packager workflow.

If you have experience with sidetag gating or CI in Fedora and figured
out the way how _you_ work with it, please share.

You can drop me a mail or write a draft page and send a pull request
to one of the repositories. We will figure out later in which section
to land it.

Contact: Aleksandra Fedorova (bookwar)

### Testing of GitHub PRs via Packit / Testing Farm on Fedora/CentOS

Packit service makes it possible to test copr builds built from GitHub
PRs on all Fedora released (including Rawhide), CentOS 6/7 and CentOS
stream via Testing Farm. Note that the Testing Farm deployed for
Packit is different from the one we are open sourcing, and once that
is ready i will replace this one.

Documentation:
https://packit.dev/testing-farm/

Contact: Miroslav Vadkerti (mvadkert)