Re: [Test-Announce] Taskotron Going EOL on 2020-04-30

On Fri, 6 Mar 2020 16:37:33 -0700
Jerry James <loganjerry@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 6, 2020 at 4:31 PM Tim Flink <tflink@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > In the short term, there is a Jenkins instance which is running
> > rpminspect. Rpminspect includes tests which are effectively the
> > same as rpmlint and rpmgrill which removes the need to run them.
>
> For packages with a <package-name>.rpmlintrc file in the git repo,
> does rpminspect take that file into account?

The short version is no, not at the moment.

rpminspect is mostly capable of using custom configurations - that's
something that David Cantrell (the primary author of rpminspect) has
been talking about since he started promoting rpminspect.

It's a pretty simple matter to look for a config file in dist-git but I
don't believe that the exact format or mechanism for translating
something user generated into a partial config that rpminspect
understands has been figured out yet.

We were planning to do that in the Jenkins instance that is running
rpminspect but now that there is a new to-be-announced system that will
replace that setup later this year, I'm not sure it's worth the effort
to get that working in two places.

If this is something that you feel needs a higher priority, I'd suggest
starting a conversation with the Fedora CI folks on ci@

Thanks,

Tim