Re: Reducing broken dependencies in fedora (32) repositories

On Mon, Mar 9, 2020 at 11:14 AM Fabio Valentini <decathorpe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 9, 2020 at 12:06 PM Ian McInerney <Ian.S.McInerney@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 6, 2020 at 8:37 PM Fabio Valentini <decathorpe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> With the fedora 32 release drawing near, it might be a good time to
>> check if any of your packages still have broken dependencies in the
>> fedora 32 (+testing) repositories. I've been working on just the thing
>> you need:

(snip)

> It would be interesting to also extend this to allow querying based on broken "requires" tags, since those can make packages uninstallable.

That's exactly what's already listed in the report. For source
packages, it shows broken dependencies that make them non-buildable
(FTBFS - fails to build from sources), and for binary packages, it
shows broken dependencies that make then non-installable (FTI - fails
to install).

Fabio

Ah, I missed the part about FTI. I thought it was only FTBFS. Sorry for the noise.

-Ian