Re: OCaml: camlp5 7.11 built in Rawhide

On Sun, Mar 08, 2020 at 08:58:37PM -0600, Jerry James wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 8, 2020 at 7:02 AM Richard W.M. Jones <rjones@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I've just built the new camlp5 in Fedora Rawhide (only, not F32):
> > https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=42313992
> >
> > This may break the following dependencies (and dependencies of these,
> > but I don't have an easy way to calculate that):
> >
> > coq
> > flocq
> > gappalib-coq
> > why
> > why3
> >
> > I would normally build these for you too, but AIUI we're waiting on
> > some fixes to Coq still so the whole "Coq stack" isn't being built at
> > the moment anyway.  However if you would like me to take care of it
> > then it's no problem, just let me know.
>
> Right.  I'm still trying to work through some package reviews needed
> to update the coq stack.  We're on the last review for coq itself.  It
> was blocked by a bug in ocaml-dune, but the problem has been fixed in
> version 2.4.0, which I have built for Rawhide.
>
> For frama-c, I need several more packages.  One of them, ppxlib, is
> currently blocked by a bug in ocaml itself.  See
> https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml/issues/9344.  I may ask you to apply
> the Debian patch referenced in that issue, so I can make progress.  It
> would be really great to get the coq stack updated before final freeze
> for F32, so I'm running out of time.

I don't really understand how that Debian patch works except by
chance.  The problem is that exec_name is a global variable pointing
to NULL, and we call caml_attempt_open (&exec_name, ..) and eventually
deference the null pointer (after several layers of calls, in
caml_search_in_path).  To my mind even with the Debian patch it
ought to be crashing.

I think we ought to wait a bit to see if upstream comes up with a
correct fix.

Rich.