Re: Package uses Gradle (retired) to build: what to do?

Le samedi 08 février 2020 à 19:16 -0500, Neal Gompa a écrit :

> What does it tell? To me, it says that FOSS platforms don't care
> about
> Java as much as they used to. We're clearly able to do stuff with Go
> and Rust, which are just as "anti-distribution" as Java is (based on
> what other people say).

While the Go core team definitely cares little about distributions, the
Go module system is enforcing similar sanity rules than us (no locked
versions, semver, etc) which makes it quite a lot friendlier than Java.

Any language that passed the stone age of 'it builds locally with a
stash of fixed third party code of dubious origin and freshness' will
be easier to distribute than Java.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot