Re: Fedora review tickets tracker pages

Dne 02. 02. 20 v 13:13 Mattia Verga via devel napsal(a):
> I don't have enough competence to start such a big project, but if
> anyone is interested I could give a hand.

People are asking for this for years. No one ever had time to do this. This make you most competent guy :) Just do it.

We (the Copr team) had some plans to run rpmlint/rpminspect after build. For those people who are interrest in that. I
am interrested in integration with the tool you are suggesting.
And it is probably good idea to build the package in Copr which allows reviewer to simply enable the Copr project and
install the results to test if it actually works.
Additionally, build in Copr last longer than scratch builds in Koji.

> BTW I think that any ticket with a last changed date before 2016 should
> be closed to do some cleanup: there are tickets never reviewed, as well
> as tickets approved and never imported in git or (the worst cases)
> packages approved and imported in repositories, but whose tickets were
> never closed...

I had an time of life when I pick up the oldest tickets. Yes, some of them were dead, but surprisingly large amount of
people was glad that I picked it up. I finished one review which was 7 years old and staled for 6 years.

Instead of automatic actions I prefer to ping the people at least twice. With a month grace period and only then close
the ticket.
There is always some human behind the ticket and some non-trivial amount of work. Just closing it can be perceived as
rude by some people.

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA
Red Hat, Associate Manager ABRT/Copr, #brno, #fedora-buildsys