Re: epel8: BuildrootError: could not init mock buildroot

On Thu, 30 Jan 2020 at 20:49, Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 07:57:22AM -0500, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Jan 2020 at 06:06, Jiri Kucera <jkucera@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > when doing `fedpkg scratch-build --target epel8-candidate --srpm sox-14.4.2.0-29.el8.src.rpm`, I get:
> >

> So there seems to be something off in koji and the repo is not getting
> properly regenerated after the repo gets updated. These errors seem to
> have occurred after we updated koji to the latest release so this may
> be a change in what koji does.

I fear it's just bad timing + the external rhel8 repo we have only keeps
the newest packages (epel7 repos keep the old packages around too).

koji has no way to know that an external repo updated and needs
regeneration, so it just regenerates it when the buildroots that depend
on it change, ie, for epel8 that means when a stable updates push goes
out. Since updates pushes have been broken, no regen has happened
recently. ;( For epel7, it's fine just using the older package, but in
epel8 it's gone and you see the 404 for it.

Updates pushes should be going again so that should help.

After that I guess we could try and just do a regen every day no matter
what? Or add something to the script that updates the repo to fire one
after anything updates?

I was trying to see how to make it fire off at the end of the script but it seemed it needed to get a kerberos ticket which I never got to figuring out.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.