Re: Copr Build System - review of 2019 and vote for features in 2020

Dne 22. 01. 20 v 12:03 Kevin Kofler napsal(a):
> I also do not understand why 6 TB of disk space is such an issue in times
> where one single HDD can carry up to 16 TB.

Because you need more of them because of RAID. And because once you reach the roof - 16 GB atm - the price does not grow
linear.

> Especially in this
> case where it is not even possible to reupload the data because Copr can no
> longer build for those EOL chroots (which is another quite annoying
> limitation of Copr – allowing to build for EOL releases would also allow
> people to try backporting select security fixes to those releases Fedora no
> longer wants to support).

EOL stands for End Of Life. Read that aloud.

We lock chroot some time after actual EOL of release. So you still have some additional time to build there. And we are
removing them no sooner than 6 months after EOL. I am open to discussion if 6 month is ok. Or 12 months. But not 50 months.
I really see no point to preserve repositories for e.g., Fedora 17 (yes we had them!)
--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA
Red Hat, Associate Manager ABRT/Copr, #brno, #fedora-buildsys