Re: Announcing multi-builds updates gating

On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 06:22:33PM +0100, Martin Kolman wrote:
> On Tue, 2020-01-21 at 17:59 +0100, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> > Good Morning Everyone,
> >
> > We are pleased to announce that the work to gate rawhide packages has leveled
> > up!
> Cool! :)
> >
> > Back in July we announced the first phase where bodhi got the support to gate
> > single-build updates. We can now officially announce that bodhi can gate
> > multi-builds updates. This is achieved through the use of side-tags, which can
> > be created on demand via ``fedpkg request-side-tag``.
> How "cheap" operation is this ? Should we use this every time we want to release
> interdepndent packages to Rawhide (say Anaconda + Initial Setup, those two often might
> need to be updated synchronously) or only when absolutely necessary & when we want
> to make use of multi package gating ?

The aim is the former. The cost comes for side-tags that lay around
unused/unmerged, but we should use this every time we want to release
interdependent packages in Rawhide. If you see problems with them, please let us
know (via an infra ticket preferably).

Pierre