Re: Git Forge Requirements: Please see the Community Blog

On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 6:04 AM Adam Williamson
<adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > That's the whole point of APIs, and I'm sure they provide bindings for
> > > those APIs to assist in the process.
> > >

> > Sorry, no they don't. There are some community projects that provide
> > some overlays to some of the APIs, but they are in various states of
> > disrepair. Some are doing somewhat okay, but it's difficult since
> > their churn rate also includes API breakages.
>
> https://github.com/python-gitlab/python-gitlab looks like a pretty
> actively maintained thing which claims to be compatible with current
> Gitlab API.

I'm using that one at work for some stuff, and most of the basic APIs
are in place, but the coverage of the GitLab API isn't very high. It's
mostly because GitLab keeps adding more stuff to the API and people
can't keep up, though. When I started using it around GitLab 10.5, it
was considered a lot more complete than it is now.

That said, basic interactions work pretty well, and as far as I know,
it's the most complete of the community API modules.