Re: Git Forge Requirements: Please see the Community Blog

Felix Schwarz <fschwarz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Am 21.01.20 um 21:48 schrieb Guido Aulisi:
>> I totally agree with Fabio, I can’t think of a single reason we should dismiss
>> pagure.
>
> Gitlab is used by many free software communities like Freedesktop, Gnome,
> Debian. Using the same tools could help to facilitate
> inter-process/inter-distro collaboration.
>
> Personally I guess github would attract most contributions for Fedora from new
> contributors but it is closed source so I'd prefer gitlab for Fedora. (Though
> I somehow got used to pagure and getting the gitlab integration to the same
> level as pagure currently will be a lot of work for sure.)

On top of that Gitlab is a huge Ruby on Rails application and (at least
I have the feeling that) the Fedora community doesn't have so many Ruby
developers in comparison to Python developers, so implementing something
comparable could be challenging let alone from the manpower point of
view.
And then there's the issue that we are not upstream and might have to
maintain the integration as a downstream patch forever as upstream might
not want it.

Cheers,

Dan