Re: LDAP

> This is one of the things that can be controled via a kickstart file

Including LDAP Server Setup with the default entries and the PAM/NSS configuration?

Roland

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
On Mar 22 mars 2005 17:07, Roland Käser a écrit :

Hello

> Are you advocating the elimination of /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow
> altogether, or just storing all user accounts in LDAP?

No, I don't wanna "switch" to LDAP. I suggesting only to have an
installation option under "Authentification configuration" to install an
LDAP Server instead of using /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow. Not as an
average replacement just as an installation option such as using
winbindd, NIS, or Kerberos in case of installing a network server to
have these work on the ldap server done by the installation rater than
doing it later by hand.

This is one of the things that can be controled via a kickstart file