Fedora 32 Self-Contained Change proposal: Deprecate python-nose

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/DeprecateNose

== Summary ==
The {{package|python-nose}} ({{package|python3-nose}}) package will be
[https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/deprecating-packages/
deprecated] without replacement in [[Releases/32|Fedora 32]]. Nose is
dead upstream, but far to many packages still BuildRequire it, so we
cannot remove it yet.

== Owner ==
* Name: [[User:Churchyard|Miro Hrončok]]
* Email: mhroncok@xxxxxxxxxx

== Detailed Description ==
The {{package|python-nose}} package regularly requires downstream only
patches to support new Python versions.

Upstream is [https://github.com/nose-devs/nose/commits/master long
dead] and has a notice on [https://nose.readthedocs.io/ the website]
that says:

> Nose has been in maintenance mode for the past several years and will likely cease without a new person/team to take over maintainership. New projects should consider using Nose2, py.test, or just plain unittest/unittest2.

We'd like to drop it from Fedora, but 27 packages require it on
runtime and 323 on build time (only direct (Build)Requires were
counted, on 2020-01-13). Before we attempt to make the number smaller,
we need to stop new packages to (Build)Require
{{package|python3-nose}}, hence we want to have it
[https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/deprecating-packages/
deprecated].

== Benefit to Fedora ==
No new packages will depend on a dead test runner. Eventually,
bootstrapping new Python versions in Fedora won't be blocked on
another downstream only patch for nose.

== Scope ==
* Proposal owners: Deprecate {{package|python3-nose}}. Help package
maintainers convert to other test runners when asked.
* Other developers: Nothing required. Optionally, drop the dependency
on nose from existing packages.
* Release engineering: N/A
* Policies and guidelines: N/A
* Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)

== Upgrade/compatibility impact ==
The package will remain available. Only new packages cannot depend on it.

== How To Test ==
 $ repoquery --repo=rawhide --provides python3-nose
 deprecated()

== User Experience ==
No changes.

--