Re: Fedora 32 Self-Contained Change proposal: Additional buildroot to test x86-64 micro-architecture update

Once upon a time, Aleksandra Fedorova <alpha@xxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> Similarly to what Josh said, we want to setup an environment for experiments.
> It doesn't mean that things we experiment on are going to be merged in
> Fedora. And it definitely doesn't mean that whatever we did in the
> experimental environment can bypass the approval process.
>
> It is not a backdoor for rejected change, it is a way to safely
> iterate on the rejected change to see if we can come up with a version
> of it, which won't be rejected.

So... I guess my objections are all based on the proposal as written,
which doesn't sound to me like what you are describing.  What the
proposal says is all about rebuilding Fedora with the rejected baseline
change, and showing that it is better to get the community to accept the
original change.  It also uses the term "older machines" (which is still
misleading).

--
Chris Adams <linux@xxxxxxxxxxx>