Re: [minimization] Feedback Pipeline feedback wanted

> On Fri, 2019-12-13 at 11:17 -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > It...*could* also work for non-candidate (i.e. nightly) Pungi 4
> > composes that have been garbage collected by retrieving the info from
> > PDC, but this thread has made me realize that's a path that I've sort
> > of shut off with some design choices and I need to think about how to
> > open it up again.
>
> So count me as thoroughly nerdsniped - I spent all of today coming up
> with a (somewhat icky) fix for this:
>
> https://pagure.io/fedora-qa/fedfind/c/3e7a261be9faf9045ac2a5b3ba648536af86b010?branch=master
>
> so with fedfind git master, the sample script now will also give you
> date for old composes that are no longer present on any mirror, but for
> which the metadata was uploaded to PDC. Try it with e.g.
> Fedora-Rawhide-20171230.n.1 .
>
> I also thought about the 'get image sizes for old releases that are
> still on the mirrors' problem a bit and came up with this:
>
> https://pagure.io/quick-fedora-mirror/pull-request/82
>
> which basically enhances the magic file fedfind uses to *find* all the
> image files from old releases to include each file's size as well; if
> tibbs is OK with that change, I can enhance fedfind to use that info
> and include the size in the image dicts it synthesizes for old
> releases.

Just to follow up on this a bit more: I'm currently sending a new
fedfind release, 4.3.0, out to Bodhi with both these changes. Once it
goes stable for all releases I'll ask tibbs to merge the quick-fedora-
mirror PR so the real imagelist files get the size data, and then sizes
for all old stable releases will be available via fedfind.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey