Re: Trouble creating modular metadata for local repo

On 2020-01-07, Digimer <lists@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>   I'm trying to create a local repo of an offline collection of systems.
> When I try to install, I get:
>
>====
> No available modular metadata for modular package 'foo.arch', it cannot
> be installed on the system
>====

I guess the 'foo.arch' name is made up and it is actually a package
provided by Fedora. Because there is no such package in Fedora and thus
DNF should not suppose that the package is modular.

Otherwise if it were a new unique yet modular package, there have to be
the "modules.yaml" file listing it. And in that case you would know what
modules are and how they are built and put into a repository.

Could you explain us what the 'foo.arch' is in your case?

-- Petr