Re: Fedora 32 System-Wide Change proposal: Drop Optical Media Release Criterion

> Ben Cotton wrote:
> > Proposal to make all Fedora optical media non-blocking. This means
> > we'd stop blocking on bugs found during the installation of Fedora
> > from optical media (like CDs and DVDs). This doesn't mean that
> > installation from optical media would stop working, just that the
> > Fedora Release wouldn't be blocked on any issues that can pop up in
> > Fedora installation using this method. Installation from USB devices
> > will remain blocking.
>
> I am against this Change. This is clearly a special case of Fedora not being
> installable at all on a significant subset of hardware. I do not think it is
> acceptable to ship it that way.

Significant how?
I haven't seen optical media on new devices for many years now ...
And *all* old devices also have USB outlets, so it is unclear how this
would make Fedora not installable.
Any machine so old to have optical media but not USB is probably
already not working due to other factors like being i686 only).

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce
RHEL Crypto Team