Re: Fedora 32 System-Wide Change proposal: Disallow Empty Password By Default

On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 6:35 PM John M. Harris Jr <johnmh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Monday, December 9, 2019 1:42:01 PM MST Chris Murphy wrote:
> > The alternative, to put a fine point on it, would
> > mean creating some small subset of the entire GNOME stack to stuff
> > into the initramfs in order to provide input, keymapping, and UI to
> > have the minimum a11y function and i18n expectations.
>
> You want GNOME in initramfs?! Why?

You have a reading comprehension problem. It is not advocacy. It is an
illustration of the sophisticated environment needed to support the
use cases desired.

>You don't need that, and that'd make it
> more complex for absolutely no reward.

You've made abundantly clear that you don't care about other people's
use cases and workflows.

You already stated that you do not care about GNOME. You are so
dismissive, you've even dismissed yourself.

>It's better, from a UX perspective, to
> simply enter a passphrase using your system-wide keyboard layout, than to have
> to wait for all the bloat that is GNOME to load.

By all means keep doing what you are doing, however it works best for
you and the use cases you care about. I do not find your contribution
in this discssion constructive. It's emotional, opinionated,
demanding, stubborn, and lacks facts, diversity, persuasion, and
logic.

--
Chris Murphy