Re: Allow comments and discussion even though an update was pushed to stable

On Fri, 2019-12-06 at 06:34 +0000, Johannes Lips wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was recently bit by a bug, which was caused by a mismatch between
> texlive-biblatex and biber. The technical side is not so important,
> only so much that they need each other in a pretty specific version,
> which is not reflected on the rpm level.
> What I found weird is that you can't comment on an update, which is
> already pushed to stable. A lot of users are only hit by a bug, once
> it reaches stable and then you don't have any possibility to
> highlight a bug report or an issue with this update. I would like to
> have the possibility to add such an information to an update, which
> introduced the issue.

Yeah, I noticed this too. I think it's new, and it doesn't make a lot
of sense to me either, it's an arbitrary restriction. I can only assume
it's intended to avoid spam comments on long-dead updates or something,
but there certainly are legit reasons to comment on a pushed update.

This should probably be filed as an issue against upstream Bodhi,
though.

> Also I would like to ask if it is possible for important updates,
> like the texlive one to increase the stable karma. It really depends
> which mirrors you are using and if you are unlucky the updates get
> pushed to stable, before it reaches updates-testing for you and then
> again there's nothing to add, once it's pushed.

This is set by the person who creates the update. It defaults to 3, but
the submitter can set it to any value (well, not less than 2 for a
critpath update I think). Any provenpackager can edit it too.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey