Re: Self Introduction: Theo Papadopoulo

On 12/5/19 2:50 PM, Theodore Papadopoulo wrote:
> 	Hello,
>
> My name is Theo Papadopoulo. I use linux based systems since 1996 and
> redhat/fedora ones since so long I do not quite remember (2005-2007?).
> Fedora is used within the research group (and actually with the research
> institute where I am) I belong to as the main computing platform. I'm
> participating in some specialized open source project you may not even
> know (OpenMEEG, OpenViBE or medInria) and occasionally helped in some
> more widespread - to somne extent - ones (blitz, matio, xtensor). I even
> have a very minor contribution to gcc years ago....
>
> Given this context, I often maintain a set of rpms for the group I
> belong. Very often those are packages that we need internally. But
> sometimes, this is just to cope with some orphaned fedora packages I'd
> like to give back to the community if possible....
>
> 	All the best,

And to reply to myself, here are (just the specs) of two packages I'd
like to un-retire. The first one is liblsl which is updated just a few
days ago and which was orpaned very recently). The second one itpp was
orphaned quite some time ago, and maybe about 1 year ago I had some
review on a new itpp spec file that probably needs to be updated now.

Those are the two packages I'd like to see back in fedora. I'd prefer to
co-maintain them if possible (for itpp I suspect they is no longer a
packager, for liblsl the packager seems to have been unresponsive to all
messages prior to the retiring of the package). If not, if someone could
sponsor me, I will try to do my best to regularly update those two....
which should not belong to any critical path as they are retired (so I
guess there is little risk for me to harm the whole distribution).

	Regards,

	Theo.

%global version_major 1
%global version_minor 13
%global version_patch 0
%global version_release b13

Name:		liblsl
Version:	%{version_major}.%{version_minor}.%{version_patch}.%{version_release}
Release:	1%{?dist}
Summary:	Lab streaming layer API

License:	MIT
URL:		https://github.com/sccn/labstreaminglayer

# Source archived from git repo, excluding external libraries like boost:
# git clone https://github.com/sccn/labstreaminglayer.git
# cd labstreaminglayer/LSL/liblsl
# git archive --prefix=%%{name}-%%{version}/ %%{version} . | xz > %%{SOURCE0}
Source0:	%{name}-%{version}.tar.xz
Patch0:		liblsl-1.13.0-use_system_pugixml.patch
Patch1:		liblsl-1.13.0-install.patch

BuildRequires:  gcc-c++
BuildRequires:	boost-devel
BuildRequires:	cmake
BuildRequires:	dos2unix
BuildRequires:	pugixml-devel

Provides:	bundled(boost-endian)
Provides:	bundled(portable-archive)

%description
The lab streaming layer is a simple all-in-one approach to streaming experiment
data between applications in a lab, e.g. instrument time series, event markers,
audio, and so on.

%package devel
Summary:	Lab streaming layer API development files
Requires:	%{name}%{?_isa} = %{version}-%{release}

%description devel
Development files for liblsl.

%prep
%autosetup -p1
dos2unix CHANGELOG README.md LICENSE
find examples -type f \( -name '*.c' -o -name '*.cpp' \) -exec \
    dos2unix {} \;
find examples -type f \( -name '*.c' -o -name '*.cpp' \) -exec \
    sed -i '/^#include/s|\.\./\.\./\.\./include/||' {} \;
find examples -type f -name '*.vcproj' -delete
find examples -type f -name '*.vcxproj' -delete
find examples -type d -name '*.xcodeproj' -exec rm -rf {} +

%build
mkdir build
pushd build
%cmake \
    -DLSL_NO_FANCY_LIBNAME=ON\
    -DUSE_SYSTEM_BOOST=ON \
    ..
%make_build
popd

%install
pushd build
%make_install
popd

%ldconfig_scriptlets

%files
%license LICENSE src/portable_archive/license.txt
%doc CHANGELOG README.md
%{_libdir}/*.so.*
%{_bindir}/*

%files devel
%doc examples
%{_includedir}/%{name}
%{_libdir}/*.so
%{_datadir}/*

%changelog
* Tue Dec 3 2019 Theodore Papadopoulo <Theodore.Papadopoulo@xxxxxxxx> - 1.13.0.b13-1
- New upstream release (tag 1.13.0-b13)

* Thu Jul 25 2019 Fedora Release Engineering <releng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> - 1.12.0-6
- Rebuilt for https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_31_Mass_Rebuild

* Fri Feb 01 2019 Fedora Release Engineering <releng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> - 1.12.0-5
- Rebuilt for https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_30_Mass_Rebuild

* Fri Jul 13 2018 Fedora Release Engineering <releng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> - 1.12.0-4
- Rebuilt for https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_29_Mass_Rebuild

* Thu Jun 14 2018 Dmitry Mikhirev <mikhirev@xxxxxxxxx> - 1.12.0-3
- Fix build with boost 1.66+ (#1556596)

* Wed Feb 07 2018 Fedora Release Engineering <releng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> - 1.12.0-2
- Rebuilt for https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_28_Mass_Rebuild

* Sun Nov 26 2017 Dmitry Mikhirev <mikhirev@xxxxxxxxx> - 1.12.0-1
- New upstream release (#1504351)
- Convert line endings in examples to unix format

* Thu Aug 03 2017 Fedora Release Engineering <releng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> - 1.11.0-10
- Rebuilt for https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_27_Binutils_Mass_Rebuild

* Wed Jul 26 2017 Fedora Release Engineering <releng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> - 1.11.0-9
- Rebuilt for https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_27_Mass_Rebuild

* Wed Jul 19 2017 Jonathan Wakely <jwakely@xxxxxxxxxx> - 1.11.0-8
- Rebuilt for s390x binutils bug

* Tue Jul 18 2017 Jonathan Wakely <jwakely@xxxxxxxxxx> - 1.11.0-7
- Rebuilt for Boost 1.64

* Mon May 15 2017 Fedora Release Engineering <rel-eng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> - 1.11.0-6
- Rebuilt for https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_26_27_Mass_Rebuild

* Tue Feb 07 2017 Kalev Lember <klember@xxxxxxxxxx> - 1.11.0-5
- Rebuilt for Boost 1.63

* Wed Dec 28 2016 Rich Mattes <richmattes@xxxxxxxxx> - 1.11.0-4
- Rebuild for added alternate architectures
- Fix bigendian issue with included endian header

* Tue May 17 2016 Jonathan Wakely <jwakely@xxxxxxxxxx> - 1.11.0-3
- Rebuilt for linker errors in boost (#1331983)

* Sun Feb 14 2016 Dmitry Mikhirev <mikhirev@xxxxxxxxx> 1.11.0-2
- Dropped legacy ABI support to fix build on armv7hl

* Thu Dec 31 2015 Dmitry Mikhirev <mikhirev@xxxxxxxxx> 1.11.0-1
- Initial package
Name:           itpp
Version:        4.3.1
Release:        1%{?dist}

License:        GPLv3
Source:         http://downloads.sourceforge.net/itpp/%{name}-%{version}.tar.bz2
# Taken from upstream at:
# https://sourceforge.net/p/itpp/git/ci/8ff787c218c31ad90c51c2da54085e79bb7fd1b3/
Patch0:         itpp-lib64.patch
# Fixes missing gtest-all.cc error
# source: https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/science/libitpp/gtest_support.patch
Patch1:         itpp-gtest.patch
# Fixes upstream bug in order to pass tests
# PATCH-FIX-UPSTREAM memmove.patch [deb#741814] cristeab@xxxxxxxxx -- Corrected multilateration algorithm
# source: https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/science/libitpp/itpp-4.3.1_memmove.patch
Patch2:         itpp-4.3.1_memmove.patch

BuildRequires:  gcc-gfortran, atlas-devel, fftw-devel, gtest-devel
BuildRequires:  tetex-latex
BuildRequires:  cmake, doxygen, ghostscript

%description
IT++ is a C++ library of mathematical, signal processing and communication
classes and functions. Its main use is in simulation of communication systems
and for performing research in the area of communications. The kernel of the
library consists of generic vector and matrix classes, and a set of
accompanying routines. Such a kernel makes IT++ similar to MATLAB, GNU Octave
or SciPy.

%package devel
Requires:       %{name}%{?_isa} = %{version}-%{release}
Requires:       fftw-devel%{?_isa}, atlas-devel%{?_isa}, gcc-gfortran%{?_isa}

%description devel
This package contains the itpp header files, libs, and man pages.

%package doc
BuildArch:      noarch

%description doc
This package contains the documentation for itpp.

%prep
%setup -q
%patch0 -p1
%patch1 -p1
%patch2 -p1

%build
mkdir -p %{_target_platform}
pushd %{_target_platform}
%cmake .. \
    -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release \
    -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="" -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_RELEASE="%{optflags}" \
    -DGTEST_DIR=%{_includedir}/gtest \
    -DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE:BOOL=TRUE
popd
make -C %{_target_platform} %{?_smp_mflags}

%install
make -C %{_target_platform} install DESTDIR=%{buildroot}

%check
%{_target_platform}/gtests/itpp_gtests

%post -p /sbin/ldconfig
%postun -p /sbin/ldconfig

%files
%{!?_licensedir:%global license %doc}
%doc AUTHORS ChangeLog NEWS README VERSION
%license COPYING
%{_libdir}/*.so.*
%{_datadir}/%{name}

%files devel
%{_includedir}/%{name}
%{_libdir}/*.so
%{_libdir}/pkgconfig/%{name}.pc
%{_bindir}/%{name}-config
%{_mandir}/man1/*

%files doc
%dir %{_docdir}/%{name}
%{_docdir}/%{name}/html/

%changelog
* Mon Jan 30 2017 Theodore Papadopoulo <Theodore.Papadopoulo@xxxxxxxx> - 4.3.1-1
- Switch to version 4.3.1
- Adapt to cmake build.
- Imported other changes from Marco Driusso <marcodriusso@xxxxxxxxx>

* Wed Jan 18 2017 BogusDateBot
- Eliminated rpmbuild "bogus date" warnings due to inconsistent weekday,
  by assuming the date is correct and changing the weekday.
  Tue Sep 13 2006 --> Tue Sep 12 2006 or Wed Sep 13 2006 or Tue Sep 19 2006 or ....
  Sun Oct 28 2006 --> Sun Oct 22 2006 or Sat Oct 28 2006 or Sun Oct 29 2006 or ....

* Wed Feb 09 2011 Fedora Release Engineering <rel-eng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> - 4.0.6-3
- Rebuilt for https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_15_Mass_Rebuild

* Fri Jul 24 2009 Fedora Release Engineering <rel-eng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> - 4.0.6-2
- Rebuilt for https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_12_Mass_Rebuild

* Fri Apr 24 2009 Milos Jakubicek <xjakub@xxxxxxxxxx> - 4.0.6-1
- Fix FTBFS:
- Update to 4.0.6 bugfix release
- Dropped itpp-gcc43.patch (merged upstream).
- Added itpp-gcc44.patch

* Wed Feb 25 2009 Fedora Release Engineering <rel-eng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> - 4.0.0-7
- Rebuilt for https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_11_Mass_Rebuild

* Mon Dec 15 2008 Deji Akingunola <dakingun@xxxxxxxxx> - 4.0.0-6
- Rebuild for atlas-3.8.2

* Sun Sep 14 2008 Manuel "lonely wolf" Wolfshant <wolfy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> - 4.0.0-5
- Fix building with gcc4.3

* Fri May 23 2008 Jon Stanley <jonstanley@xxxxxxxxx> - 4.0.0-4
- Fix license tag

* Mon Feb 18 2008 Fedora Release Engineering <rel-eng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> - 4.0.0-3
- Autorebuild for GCC 4.3

* Sun Dec  9 2007  Ed Hill <ed@xxxxxxx> - 4.0.0-2
- fix hard-coded libdir error

* Sun Dec  9 2007  Ed Hill <ed@xxxxxxx> - 4.0.0-1
- new upstream 4.0.0

* Sat Aug 25 2007  Ed Hill <ed@xxxxxxx> - 3.10.12-1
- new upstream 3.10.12

* Tue Apr 17 2007  Ed Hill <ed@xxxxxxx> - 3.10.10-1
- new upstream 3.10.10

* Tue Apr 17 2007  Ed Hill <ed@xxxxxxx> - 3.10.9-2
- fix dir ownership per bz #233842

* Sun Mar 18 2007  Ed Hill <ed@xxxxxxx> - 3.10.9-1
- new upstream 3.10.9

* Sat Feb 10 2007  Ed Hill <ed@xxxxxxx> - 3.10.8-1
- new upstream 3.10.8

* Wed Dec  6 2006  Ed Hill <ed@xxxxxxx> - 3.10.7-1
- new upstream 3.10.7

* Sat Oct 28 2006  Ed Hill <ed@xxxxxxx> - 3.10.6-1
- new upstream 3.10.6

* Wed Oct 11 2006  Ed Hill <ed@xxxxxxx> - 3.10.5-7
- explicitly link with -lstdc++

* Tue Oct 10 2006  Ed Hill <ed@xxxxxxx> - 3.10.5-6
- fix unowned dir

* Sun Oct  8 2006  Ed Hill <ed@xxxxxxx> - 3.10.5-5
- fix permissions for itpp/base/itpp_version.h
- make sure we ship the license
- remove redundant BRs and add -devel BRs
- remove only the gcc bits from itpp-config and itpp.pc

* Sat Oct  7 2006  Ed Hill <ed@xxxxxxx> - 3.10.5-4
- disable dependency tracking to speed build, sanitize itpp.pc,
  and de-macro-ize an earlier changelog entry

* Sat Sep 23 2006  Ed Hill <ed@xxxxxxx> - 3.10.5-3
- disable static libs, add pkgconfig, and sanitize itpp-config

* Wed Sep 13 2006  Ed Hill <ed@xxxxxxx> - 3.10.5-2
- fix the html docs and add BuildRequires

* Tue Sep 12 2006  Ed Hill <ed@xxxxxxx> - 3.10.5-1
- initial version for Fedora Extras

* Mon Feb 13 2006  Adam Piatyszek  <ediap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Created subpackage `itpp-html-doc' with HTML documentation

* Fri Feb 10 2006  Adam Piatyszek  <ediap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Added missing *.a and *.m files

* Thu Feb 09 2006  Adam Piatyszek  <ediap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Changes in `Name', `Version' and `Release' definitions
- Removed distribution dependent release settings
- Added DESTDIR to make install command

* Wed Dec 28 2005  Adam Piatyszek  <ediap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Fixed `name' and `version' definitions
- Added `itpp-config' in files section

* Fri Dec 23 2005  Adam Piatyszek  <ediap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Initial spec file prepared