Re: Fedora 32 System-Wide Change proposal: Disallow Empty Password By Default

Hi,

Am 25.11.19 um 22:59 schrieb Samuel Sieb:

> Steps 1 - 4 are not benefits, they are workarounds to critical system
> utilities required by this change.  I don't understand why this change
> is necessary at all.  It only affects local logins and if someone
> wants to have an empty password, why make it so difficult?  It's their
> choice.  It's not like Fedora has any default logins with empty
> passwords, the user has to make their own.

I know at least two real exiting none nerd users, who will agree with
you, as they use FullDiskEnc and no further passwords to Login after boot.

Which would be impossible if the changes will be made. I personally have
only on scenario to offer:

A tablet pc is booted directly into the desktop, as any other tablet
(android or ipad) will do.

@Ben.Cotton

Will that be still possible, when empty passwords are dismissed?

best regards,
Marius