Re: Potential module for wxGTK3.1 unstable series / Audacity

David Timms wrote:
> see: https://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Building_On_Linux
> or from the horse - (Mr Ed):
> https://github.com/audacity/audacity/blob/master/linux/build.txt
> "
> wxWidgets:
>
>   1) Clone wxWidgets and checkout 3.1.1 from the Audacity fork of the
>      wxWidgets project:
>         https://github.com/audacity/wxWidgets/....
> "
>
> I missed the fact that they build against their fork of wxWidgets from
> their own repo; I'm not sure whether it started as 3.1.1 or not.

They have been writing this all this time, this is not new in 2.3.3. Just
ignore it, as usual when an upstream recommends using bundled libraries.

> Well, ... it does build and run against 3.0.4, but lots of "already
> fixed" - in wxGTK - issues are present.

Those are not your job as the Audacity packager to fix. Just build it
against 3.0.4. We will get wxGTK 3.2.x when it is actually released.

>> Modules are always the wrong solution for libraries because they are
> Isn't that exactly what the module examples are doing ?

Those examples are bad. The Modularity team wants to push modules for this
use case, but they are absolutely not suitable. See the recent threads about
Modularity.

        Kevin Kofler