Re: Will orphan packages with NEW F31FTBFS bugs tomorrow

On 08. 11. 19 20:29, David Kaufmann wrote:
Remember to set the bugzilla to ASSIGNED when you actually work towards
fixing the build failure.

Is this meant to be done by the maintainer only may I do that, if I
intend to get the package to a fixed state?

If you do set the bugzilla to ASSIGNED, the current maintainer will remain the maintainer ("main admin"). If you are not a co-maintainer or a provenpackager, you might be hit by the maintainer not being very responsive when you attempt to submit your fix.

If you keep the bug in NEW, it will be orphaned tomorrow and you can open a releng ticket to claim it. You will then take the bugzilla and change it to ASSIGNED. You end up being the maintainer.

I think the second approach is better here, if you would like to take that responsibility.

--
Miro Hrončok