Re: Please, IMHO, resolve in some way the Samba MIT kerberos problem.

Il giorno mer, 06/11/2019 alle 08.52 +0100, Franta Hanzlík ha scritto:
> If I can speak for myself and for the Linux people I know, nobody
> needs a FreeIPA, and many need a Samba AD DC. And of course they want
> a stable solution if possible.
>
> The current situation leads to either choosing a different
> distribution
> (the simplest solution), or compiling a Samba with Heimdal Kerberos
> themselves; perhaps someone chooses a commercial solution also (which
> is of course with Heimdal Kerberos).
>
> I am not saying that the FreeIPA is useless or has no users, but in
> my
> opinion the chosen attitude to the Samba AD DC was perhaps the worst
> possible and IMO at least frustrated a lot of users (including me).
>
> For me, thanks to Nico Kadel-Garcia, for his work to make stable as
> possible Samba AD DC in Fedora/Centos.

Thank Franta, this is exactly also my opinion, and me too thank to
Kadel-Garcia for his work.

Waiting for MIT kerberos to become stable and supported from samba
team, a simple solution is insert into official samba.spec, a flag for
easily rebuild it with heimdal kerberos, without substitute or modify
the .spec file.

Something like this:

$ rpmbuild --rebuild --with heimdal .... samba-xxxx.src.rpm

Can the Fedora samba maintainers do that?

Thank

--
Dario Lesca
(inviato dal mio Linux Fedora 31 Workstation)