Re: Fedora 32 System-Wide Change proposal: Build Python 3 to statically link with libpython3.8.a for better performance

On 05. 11. 19 21:11, Neal Gompa wrote:
We need a way to autogenerate the the Python language ABI dependency
then. So far, no solution has been presented, and that needs to be
fixed before this can be implemented. Without that and no library
dependency, we have no way of knowing what to rebuild.

There are basically 3 cases I can think of:

A) you build an extension module into sitearch - ABI dependency is generated
B) you build anything that still links to libpython - dependency on specific libpython3.X.so is generated C) you build an extension module into custom directory - ABI dependency needs to be manually added now

for C) we should generate the dependency based on filename (*.cpython-38-{arch}-linux-gnu.so). but that would leave out cases where the filename is "simply" foo.so. As such, we might be able to figure out it is a Python extension by some other means.

--
Miro Hrončok