Re: jnovy pushed to mc (master). "- just keep perl-interpreter BR because of man2hlp, (..more)"

On Mon, 7 Oct 2019 at 15:30, Jindrich Novy <jnovy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[..]
BTW mc.
Also I do not understand why FC31 release comity ignored my objection to push mc 4.8.23 to fc31 since it core dumps sometimes few times per hour of active use.

You commented on the F29 update (not F31) here: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2019-e3e2bc7747 and failed to reply to my comment.

I did not receive any notification about that comment.
> now we have pollution of the mc static dependencies by add aspell-en.
> mc does not need aspell-en but aspell does because aspell to work properly needs at least
> some dictionary.

Adding Requires of aspell-en fixes this:

Again .. where never aspell is used without installed dictionary it will fail (not only in mc).
This is not mc bu aspell issue.
Please d knot try to fix the issue (real issue) in wrong package.

[tkloczko@domek ~]$ rpm -q --qf "[%{REQUIRENAME} %{REQUIREFLAGS:depflags} %{REQUIREVERSION}\n]" aspell
/usr/bin/sh
libaspell.so.15()(64bit)
libc.so.6()(64bit)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.14)(64bit)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)(64bit)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)(64bit)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.7)(64bit)
libdl.so.2()(64bit)
libdl.so.2(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)
libm.so.6()(64bit)
libm.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)
libm.so.6(GLIBC_2.29)(64bit)
libncursesw.so.6()(64bit)
libstdc++.so.6()(64bit)
libstdc++.so.6(CXXABI_1.3)(64bit)
libstdc++.so.6(CXXABI_1.3.9)(64bit)
libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4)(64bit)
libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4.15)(64bit)
libtinfo.so.6()(64bit)
rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
rpmlib(FileDigests) <= 4.6.0-1
rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
rpmlib(PayloadIsZstd) <= 5.4.18-1
rtld(GNU_HASH)

As you see current aspell does not requires installing any dictionaries and this is causing that mc barks about missing dictionary.

kloczek