Re: Defining the future of the packager workflow in Fedora

> I even go as far as reverting branch-only commits and then doing the
> bidirectional merge trick to restore fast forwardability. That of
> course
> clobbers the branch-only changelog section and replaces it with the
> one from
> master, but that's just how things are. Again, I think fast-
> forwardability
> is more useful than per-branch changelogs.

It's not an either-or. If you resolve the conflict, you can have fast-
forwarding *and* not pass irrelevant/confusing changelogs on to the end
user.

I personally avoid if statements in spec files and just resolve
conflicts.

As pointed out elsewhere, we would have fewer conflicts if we could get
the version, release, and changelog out of the spec file, and then I
think maintaining different spec in different release branches would be
easier than it is today.