Re: Defining the future of the packager workflow in Fedora

Le 26/09/2019 à 15:10, Pierre-Yves Chibon a écrit :
> On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 03:01:25PM +0200, Remi Collet wrote:
>> Le 26/09/2019 à 11:36, Pierre-Yves Chibon a écrit :
>>> Here is what the vision we came to and that we would like to discuss:
>>>
>>> ○ Every changes to dist-git is done via pull-requests
>>
>> IMHO Have to stay optional, making this mandatory being a terrible headache.
>
> What makes it a headache? What can we do to not have this be a terrible
> headache? Can we fix/improve the tooling?

1/ I don't use Pagure, only git (from CLI)

Even for PR (I prefer to download the patch, test it locally, then "git
am" it, and IMHO, the git log is better, author vs commiter)

2/ having to wait for a build before merging will make all the process
twice slower than before, which is a real pain when you maintain lot of
packages, and sometime have to update lot of them

3/ for most of my packages, branches have diverged, and merge or
cherry-pick between branches doesn't work (have to manually resolves the
conflict)

Yes, mostly because I skip the 'mass rebuild' commits

Remi