Re: RPM Fusion Bugzilla Bug 5307

On 9/22/19 5:51 PM, Samuel Sieb wrote:
On 9/22/19 3:10 PM, Ty Young wrote:
I couldn't actually install the drivers because the update GUI in the cinnamon spin is broken and/or the repo/update servers are down. Again.

I don't know why you're having so much trouble with updates.  But just in case you're referring to rpmfusion as you have in other emails, I hope you're aware that Redhat has nothing to do with them.  They are an independent third-party repo not managed by Fedora.  They host packages that can't, for various reasons, be distributed by Fedora.

No, I meant the package manager GUI front-end won't work:

https://imgur.com/a/Dajf28T

Also, GUI in general is buggy:

https://imgur.com/a/W4bIzyO

https://imgur.com/a/ELpjoAQ

Also, Spanish(?) confirm prompt when rest of GUI is English:

https://imgur.com/a/7ashccO

...and proof X.Org on Cinnamon is running as root:

https://imgur.com/a/UcLjjKT

Yet on Gnome Fedora it isn't:

https://imgur.com/a/DlXwcdK

So is Fedora going to admit it's a bug in Gnome Fedora or are we going to keep being salty that Nvidia doesn't support or have an Open Source driver by pointing the finger at them? Actually fixing the bug would be the more productive option here.

Also while I'm at it, why does Gnome Screenshot in Fedora have a menu to the left of the cancel button but Arch doesn't? Bit odd.