Re: Fedora in GNOME Online Accountes

mcatanzaro@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> Robbie Harwood <rharwood@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Can you link the bug you've filed about this?
>
> I don't even know where to file a bug. Which component? kerberos?
> xdg-desktop-portal?

When filing bugs that you don't know the cause of, it's best to start
with the highest level component that doesn't exhibit the behavior you
want and let the maintainers narrow it down and possibly reassign.

So: probably gnome-online-accounts.

> It's seems less like a bug in any Fedora component, rather something
> that's never been designed to work. How is kerberos supposed to work
> under flatpak without a desktop portal to make it work? I don't know.

There's basically no chance of it ever working if there's no bug :)

> It needs people who understand both kerberos and flatpak to think
> about it.

Well, they probably don't exist, so if you don't want to file a bug,
you're out of luck.  I (krb5 maintainer) don't "understand" flatpak, at
any rate (beyond knowing that I don't have a use case for it).

Thanks,
--Robbie