Re: Fedora 31 System-Wide Change proposal (late): No i686 Repositories

Thanks.

I wouldn't say there is a "hostility" here. It might be hubris at a time, but mostly indifference. Though, that might frustrate anyone as well.

It's good to know that there are people like you here. But I'm afraid that the cost of bureaucratic barriers is too high for any single person. And the primary reason why that SIG initiative never worked is that the project didn't put any significant efforts to make that happen. See, if I would join that list now there will be just one person - me. And I don't have ability or time to actively search for and convince other people to join that list. As time goes by I won't participate in that list too often and others won't either. To keep being recognized by Fedora officials there are just not enough activists out there. While we still can support that architecture occasionally on a case by case basis, there is no possibility to meet FESCO approved criteria. That means that there will never be official recognition despite the fact that such interested people still exist.

There are just two options as I currently see it. Either we can be a low activity grass-roots enthusiasts and find our own ways to contribute packages, e.g. COPR might be useful. Or we can join more resourceful community, e.g. Debian. Or we can do both.