Re: Fedora 31 System-Wide Change proposal (late): No i686 Repositories

I don't even know anyone whom I could address. I'm already spent too much time on that list trying to convince everyone that I'm ready to take all the burden of using unsupported packages, but was told that it's against Fedora policies. What much could I do?

As for using i686 userland just look above in that thread, where I've already explained that my memory is already stretched enough and I have not enough reasons to buy a new computer just because some OS requirements. You should understand that computers are not that important for many users. They have more important things in their life and using Fedora is just a convenience. I can switch to another distribution if there is no other choice, but the reasons for that decision are so obscure, that it required such a long thread just to find it out. Also, it's not very convincing for end users when they get a long description of bureaucratic reasons why they just can't use packages anymore that they were already using and that other distribution happily provide.

I'm sorry if this caused a lot of traffic on this list, but I was not aware of that problem up to the last moment. And you can expect some other users like me to complain when they will be confronted with the fact. Just announcing it on the first page two years ago would have avoided that problem.