Re: Debates/back and forths

On Wed, 2019-08-28 at 07:03 -0400, Danny Lee wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to the devel list and fedora in general, but i was wondering if
> these kind of back and forths between a few people is a frequent
> occurrence.  I came to Fedora to volunteer what little spare time I have
> to help the Fedora project in some little ways. I don't feel that should
> include wading through dozens of emailed back and forths between
> individuals who seem to have strong, immovable opinions, I just don't
> have time for that.
>
> Is there any chance there is a moderated list or discussion group about
> current project tasks and issues rather than debates about how to do
> things?  Or perhaps, a way to turn off certain threads or block certain
> posters?

Agree with others that devel@ is definitely something you should filter
into a folder and read selectively. I read every mail to the list for 8
years or so but even I gave up in the end :P

To answer the second part of your question: devel@ is not usually where
most concrete 'project tasks and issues' come up at all. It's used for
a range of things, but often it is more general discussion and kinda
kicking things around than for specific planning of individual tasks.

The various groups within Fedora generally plan tasks on their own
lists and/or in some kind of issue tracker, often a Pagure project.
Getting more specific depends a bit on exactly what kind of
contribution you're interested in. Have you seen the page at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join ? It's a pretty good starting
point. If you're still having trouble finding a way in, feel free to
mail me, I can probably either help you or point you at someone else
who can :)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey